Set in 1962 at the height of the Cold War, The Bureau tells the origin story of the clandestine XCOM organisation’s first encounter with a mysterious and devastating enemy. Originally established as America’s covert defense against the Soviet Union, The Bureau must adapt and overcome a threat unlike anything the world has faced before. As special agent William Carter, players will call the shots and pull the trigger, leading their squad of agents in the high-stakes secret war for humanity’s survival. Paramount to repelling the outside threat is The Bureau’s ability to cover-up the enemy’s existence in order to prevent worldwide panic.
Key Game Features
- Uncover the mystery: Fight through the streets of 1960’s America as you uncover the declassified truth behind mankind’s first enemy invasion
- Be the field leader: As William Carter, a highly intelligent special agent, call the shots and pull the trigger. Formulate the plan of action, execute well-timed ambushes and flank your attackers to obliterate the threat
- Tactical combat: Use your strategy to your advantage: enter Battle Focus to slow down time and execute your next move, commanding your squad with a variety of tactical actions to turn the tide in your favour
- No second chances: Pay the price for mistakes – permadeath will make you value your squad mates more than ever, and make losing one of them all the more painful
- Strategic reflexes: Turn an enemy misstep into your strategic advantage. Give tactical commands on the fly to outsmart the enemy and make split-second decisions to save the lives of your squad
- Customization that counts: Train each of your squad mates into unique specializations, allowing for a dynamic combination of skills to compliment your play style