After 14 years, Donkey Kong Country has returned with an all-new banana-hoarding adventure only on Wii!! Donkey Kong makes his triumphant return by going back to his running and jumping roots in an all-new barrel-blasting, rail-riding and ground-pounding adventure! The Donkey Kong Country series comes to life on Wii in lushly rendered environments that will have you running left to right, hunting high and low and blasting front to back to scour eight worlds in search of hidden coins, puzzle pieces, and Donkey Kong's stolen banana hoard. Diddy Kong joins the adventure with his own moves, special combo abilities and a series-first two-player cooperative mode. When playing alone, Donkey Kong carries Diddy Kong on his back, giving a jet powered boost to his jumps. In co-op play a second-player can also join on any level, controlling Diddy Kong independently or riding on DK's back to power through stages together, allowing players of all ages and skill levels to experience the fun of Donkey Kong Country Returns. The Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers put the brute force of a great ape in the palms of your hands. Shake the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller s to slap the ground, stunning enemies, demolishing objects and activating explosive switches. A quick shake while running sends Donkey Kong power rolling through lines of enemies. Add in skillful jumps, grabbing and throwing objects and clinging to vines on walls and ceilings, and you'll be racing through stages like a true king of the jungle.
Key Game Features
* Retro Studios faithfully restores everything that made the original series great, from barrel cannons to mine carts, and then builds on those elements with stunning graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. The game offers the traditional side-scrolling experience everyone loved, but with levels created in fully rendered 3D environments.
* Diddy Kong joins the quest. With his trusty backpack, he can produce a jet pack or Peanut Pop Guns to give Donkey Kong more abilities.
* For the first time ever, the franchise features the ability for two people to play together at the same time – one as Donkey Kong, one as Diddy Kong. Players can navigate the levels separately or as one unit. Diddy Kong can ride on Donkey Kong's back and hop off whenever he pleases, allowing novice players to ride on Donkey Kong's back through more challenging areas of the game.*
* Hidden items, puzzle pieces and other surprises are found all through the jungle. Spell out K-O-N-G by the end of each level to earn an extra bonus.
* Motion controls give players a real feeling of control. Players move Donkey Kong using the Control Stick on the Nunchuk controller and can shake the Wii Remote controller to make Donkey Kong slap the ground.
* Vibrant colors, beautiful graphics and fun characters draw players in. Even people who have never played a Donkey Kong game before can pick up a controller and start collecting loads of bananas.
* Every level offers new fun and new challenges. Sometimes Donkey Kong is running through the jungle, sometimes his action takes place on a tropical beach and other times he must become a master of timing as he jumps chasms in a mine cart.